The first Ibero-American Philatelic Meeting will take place in Madrid on the morning of 31 May, at the Hotel Mayorazgo Convention Center, located in the heart of Madrid’s Gran Vía.
The event, organised and sponsored by EL ECO, is held under the auspices of the Inter-American Philatelic Federation (FIAF), in close collaboration with MI OFICINA Philatelic Society and the Madrid Philatelic Society (SOFIMA), in a joint initiative whose recordings will be simultaneously incorporated into the YouTube Channels of SOFIMA and MI OFICINA.
The Ibero-American Philatelic Meeting will consist of the following presentations, each lasting 15 minutes:
- Jaime Benavides (Mexico), “The Remote Internal Provinces of the East”
- Miguel Casielles (Argentina), “Perfins de Argentina”
- Carlos Malpica (Peru), “Thomas La Chambre et Cie”
- Rafael Macarrón (Spain), “Large Pieces of the Maritime Mail of America”
- Henry Márquez (Peru), “Lima, Transition from Viceroyalty to Republic”
- Paul Novoa (Ecuador), “The First Classic Emission of Ecuador”
- Yamil H. Kouri (United States), “The Stamps of Cuba Surcharged Y ¼ of 1855”
- Sergio Recuenco (Peru), “The Formula Anagrams of Peru”
There will also be a presentation by their authors of two works, edited by the SOFIMA Study Library: Postal History of Cuba (vols. I, II, III and IV) by Carlos Echenagusía, and The mail without Post Office in Spain, XV to XIX centuries (vol. VI), by Eugenio de Quesada.
Access to the Meeting is free, upon request for an invitation by mail to EL ECO: Eventos@GrupoNexo.org