Chris King Bulletin Two Election for FIP President 2018 : A Charter for Change
Dear Philatelic Friends
Firstly, thank you for all of the support following my email saying that I intend to stand for President at the Congress in 2018. Thank you to all of those who have forwarded my email to others. This Bulletin is now sent to a bigger group, so please, if you don’t wish to receive these emails, please unsubscribe below.
Looking forward to the future, it is important to remember that there are some good things that have happened in recent years in international philately.
These include the philatelic summits held in Sweden since 2009; the Asian International Stamp Exhibitions, now in their 40th year; the beginnings of development in FIP Jury training launched by Lars Engelbrecht and others; and the rationalisation and stabilisation of the FIP finances under the leadership of our current President. All of these are moving philately forward. But there is still a lot to do.
Here are some important things which we need to do in the coming years. As your President, these will be the Board’s priorities.
- Restore exhibitor confidence in juries by ensuring that they are independent.
- Value all exhibitors by including them as part of the FIP family.
- Treat all exhibits with equal respect.
- Keep all FIP partner organisations up to date by making sure that information is shared, and flows freely.
- Improve communications with every level of philately.
- Maintain financial integrity and probity. Ensure that the FIP is properly resourced for the future.
- Help weaker federations and regions with practical and financial support, including promotional events and exhibitions.
- Give the Commissions more authority in order to make them relevant again.
- Give each Continental Federation equal treatment.
- Work with the trade and with non-philatelic organisations to develop philately.
- Separate and share power. Give the Board oversight and direction, not control over implementation and delivery.
I’m certain that I don’t have all of the answers. But, I am also certain that the Board alone hasn’t got all of the answers. And, I do know that if we don’t change the way that the FIP works, we will have more problems in the future.
So, Philately needs to work together internationally to secure its future.
What can you do to help?
You could help to write the programme for the next four years … Go to fotfip.online, download the whole plan, and say what you agree with, and what you do not. The FIP belongs to its members, not to the Board.
Forward this email to your philatelic friends, to exhibitors, club members, magazines, and journals. Or put it on your Association or Federation website, like thishttp://www.sff.nu/chris-king-kandiderar-som-fip-president/
Support me for President, and ask your Federation to nominate and to vote for me at the Congress.
With best wishes,
Phone 020 8346 1366
Mobile 07768 422 840